[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Marshall, Tony [IT] tony.marshall at citigroup.com
Wed Jul 5 01:52:07 PDT 2006

What do Windows users tend to use most - P4Win or P4V? I thought that since P4V is cross-platform, it would be the strategic direction that Perforce would go when developing the product. So I recommended that we use it in our team before evaluating both of them. However, I'm finding that P4Win has useful features that P4V (2005.2) doesn't - e.g. Safe automatice resolve, linking submitted changelists to jobs, viewing workspace files not in the depot. That's really annoying!