[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Wed Jul 5 06:07:44 PDT 2006

We are a mixed shop although most users use P4Win.  However, since P4V
does appear to be the strategic direction, I have forced myself to use
P4V with every release.  When I first started this in 2004, I would
invariably switch back after a couple of days.  But with the 2005.1
release, I found that I did not need to switch back.  Most of the
features are now available and there are some things I found myself able
to do in P4V that I miss when I have to use P4Win.  There is a different
"feel" but once you get used to it, I don't think it's worse...just
different.

Jeff