[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Jason Williams streak at narus.com
Wed Jul 5 11:45:20 PDT 2006

Mark Allender wrote:
> We have no one here in a shop of about 200 users that uses p4v at all.  I
> suspect that it mainly has to do with look and feel.  I don't like p4v
> either, mainly for the same reasons.  I know that sounds silly,  but it's
> hard to quantify any other way.

If you're on a non-Windows machine, P4V is about the only graphical
solution that I know of.  (Whatever happened to TkP4 or was it P4TK?).

Every time I've tried to use P4V, I've found it very unintuitive when
compared with P4Win.  It may accomplish the same thing, but it seemed to
take a lot more effort (clicks, etc.).  I seem to recall the terminology
being different between the two clients as well.

And since there hasn't been any official word of P4Win being deprecated,
there hasnt't been a need to switch.

--Jason

This email and attachments may contain Narus, Inc. confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender immediately and delete all instances of this email and attachments.