[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Wed Jul 5 14:30:45 PDT 2006

Personally, I'll always choose a native Windows app over a
cross platform app with comparable features because I've
only found a few x-plat-apps that were as crisp usable on
Windows. Most of them feel sluggish and have longish startup
times. (Startup time is important to me because I use dozens
of apps and can't leave them all open.)

That said, on Unix p4v is probably very nice. (I wouldn't
know because I only telenet to my unix boxes and only use
the command line - which is fine because p4win gives me
the insight into the repository while the CLIs give me the
local functions.)

-Wm