[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Chris Weiss chris.weiss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:10:47 PDT 2006

I must admit, I'm suprised at the number of people who are using P4V -
I've found the refresh bugs to be pretty much fatal and assumed they
were in the app, has no one else run into these? Specifically, the
file trees in both the Depot Tree and Workspace views not updating to
reflect the current state of the local machine or files that were just
checked in (in certain cases, I'm forced to actaully exit the app and
reload to get an accurate local view). This is P4V 2005.2 (Jan 10
build) against P4D 2005.1

On 7/5/06, Jeff Grills <jgrills at junctionpoint.com> wrote:

> I think it's pretty clear that p4win is at least heading towards being
> officially deprecated since it's no longer part of the standard p4 Windows
> installer, but p4v is part of that installer.  It used to be the other way
> around.

-Chris