[p4] please give me nocrlf back

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:13:08 PDT 2006

Perforce users:

I need to share a drive, edit files on it with one kind of editor, and
check the files in without Perforce screwing with their end-of-line
characters.

Unbelievably, the current system only allows me to pick _how_ Perforce
will screw with the end of line characters. Unix mode, Dos mode, Local
mode, etc. There is no feature to simply _not_ screw with them.

Put another way, all of my tools work correctly with various
end-of-line systems, except Notepad and Perforce.

I'm aware I can write check-in scripts that detect and adjust. Is
there a back-door to the old "nocrlf" command?

Server 2005.2/94595.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!