[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Zoltan Grose zgrose at mac.com
Wed Jul 5 23:50:03 PDT 2006

I've never had a data issue a refresh didn't solve.

I've always assumed p4v was designed to poll less frequently than
p4win does to make for better network performance (fewer, larger
requests over constant polling). That was one factor that doomed
SourceSafe for us; it simply didn't performance in non-LAN environments.

I have an OSX and a Windows box and I load p4v on both of them.
Honestly, I do 99% of my interactions thru the IDE integrations
anyhow. But we're a small shop so there may be p4* features that we
simply never use.

-z