[p4] How to handle VSS File sharing capability in perforce?

Neeta ROY Neeta.ROY at na.biomerieux.com
Thu Jul 6 02:26:12 PDT 2006

We have migrated from VSS to Perforce. There are many files in that are
shared by multiple projects and in VSS, we were using file sharing. This
made it very efficient to maintain file by modifying only one copy. How do
you accomplish the same in Perforce? Has anyone done this?
1. May be branching only shared files
2. Make changes to these files in branch
3. Set client view for each  project to sync these files from branch...

Adding each new shared file, we will have to change client view of 55
users. Sounds painful.

Any one has any solution ?

Regards,
Neeta Roy