[p4] automatic installation cannot parse perforce.cfg

Arthur van Dongen Arthur.van.Dongen at TSolve.com
Thu Jul 6 05:09:15 PDT 2006

Hi all,

When deploying Perforce client installation I ran into a problem that
maybe some of you out there can help me with.
I created a shared directory with the information in technote-086. When
I run the setup.exe from the current directory, all goes fine. But our
installation tool calls the installer as
"z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe" and then I get the message 'Failed to
parse config file "perforce.cfg" ' and installation is canceled.

Is there a way to specify the location of the config file on the command
line of setup.exe? I tried using "z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe
SRCDIR=z:\packages\perforce" and "z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe
SUPPORTDIR=z:\packages\perforce" but did not see any difference. This
happens with both P4W installer and perforce core installer.

Regards,
Arthur van Dongen