[p4] automatic installation cannot parse perforce.cfg

Arthur van Dongen Arthur.van.Dongen at TSolve.com
Thu Jul 6 05:50:51 PDT 2006

Replying on my own mail: I was able to work around this issue by using
the "start /dshareddir /wait shareddir/setup.exe" construction to change
the working directory.

BR,

Arthur
________________________________

From: Arthur van Dongen
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:09 PM
To: 'perforce-user at perforce.com'
Subject: automatic installation cannot parse perforce.cfg

	Hi all,

	When deploying Perforce client installation I ran into a problem
that maybe some of you out there can help me with.
	I created a shared directory with the information in
technote-086. When I run the setup.exe from the current directory, all
goes fine. But our installation tool calls the installer as
"z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe" and then I get the message 'Failed to
parse config file "perforce.cfg" ' and installation is canceled.

	Is there a way to specify the location of the config file on the
command line of setup.exe? I tried using "z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe
SRCDIR=z:\packages\perforce" and "z:\packages\perforce\setup.exe
SUPPORTDIR=z:\packages\perforce" but did not see any difference. This
happens with both P4W installer and perforce core installer.

	Regards,
	Arthur van Dongen