[p4] Scripting Login

Shawn Hladky p4shawn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:41:34 PDT 2006

The following command will log you in from a batch script.
echo password|p4 login

Make sure there is exactly one space between echo and password, and no
spaces between password and the pipe.

However, I don't recommend this approach.  If you have a script running on a
schedule, it should use a dedicated user login for that purpose.  That user
should have limited rights, and a very long timeout for the ticket.  That
way you can manually log the user in once, and never have to worry about the
timeout or hard-code the password.