[p4] Scripting Login

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Thu Jul 6 08:05:55 PDT 2006

You can put the user the scripts run under in its own group with a
timeout of 0 or a very large number. The 0 value is an infinite timeout,
but if the user is in multiple groups, it may get sorted as "lower" than
the other timeout values. This was a bug. I don't know whether it has
been fixed.

Once you do that, you can login as that Perforce user from the machines
the script will run on and the login is good effectively forever.

Or you can also use 'p4 login -p' to print the ticket and use it as the
password in your Perforce commands. Adding the '-a' flag will make it
valid from all machines.

Steve