[p4] How to handle VSS File sharing capability in perforce?

Jamison, Shawn sjamison at ciena.com
Thu Jul 6 11:32:30 PDT 2006

The VSS sharing was a lazy way to share source between projects/branches
that had "some" commonalities.  It has created some very bad habits in
my opinion.

You are better off creating a "common" component or branch if the source
is truly common to many different branches/projects and not agonize over
sharing.
If it is a few files (less than 10) you can write a script to integrate
changes from one location to another in a round robin like fashion.
Otherwise create a true common source area.

You'll have fewer headaches latter.

-Shawn J>
Babs/Perforce Admin