[p4] Question about P4EDITOR

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri Jul 7 12:05:37 PDT 2006

I'm not sure if this is a p4 question but I'm hoping some smart person
will know what's going on here.

I have my P4EDITOR variable set to emacsclient. Then when I go to run
something needs an editor, like p4 client, it pops right up.

What I noticed is that after I exit from emacsclient, I now have three new
buffers all of zero length.

     *P4 Output*<15>     0  Fundamental
     *P4 Output*<16>     0  Fundamental
     *P4 Output*<17>     0  Fundamental

I traced it back to p4.el where a buffer of this name is referenced.

Because I'm running emacsclient I just noticed that I had almost 15000 P4
Output buffers. (Yes. three zeroes.)

Anyone know what's going on here?

steveo at syslang.net