[p4] p4 submit w/o an editor

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 10:30:39 PDT 2006

Perforcers:

Brand X lets me do this:

    cvs commit -m 'beefsqueak'

It doesn't pop up an editor with a form for me to fill out. All I want
to provide is the change description (-m 'beefsqueak').

I practice Test Driven Development, so I commit several times an hour,
and all my change comments are one-liners. And I never have need to
change the list of checked-in files, because I revert -a first, and I
never leave old edits uncommitted on my work bench.

(Also, the change comments appear in e-mails from our test servers, so
everyone _should_ read them, so they are indeed used!)

Put together, and editting that submission form is a significant
fraction of my keystroke burden!

Can't I use a command line for p4 to take one change comment, and it
won't pop up an editor?

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!