[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Marshall, Tony [IT] tony.marshall at citigroup.com
Mon Jul 10 09:15:09 PDT 2006

>>By the way, isn't "safe automatic resolve" the equivalent of the first option of the resolve dialog in P4V ?

Yes, I discovered this when I merged more than one file. The resolve dialog doesn't appear when only one file is in the changelist; P4V skips this dialog and displays the second one which has the "Accept Merged", "Accept Target" and "Accept Source" buttons. There's no safe merge on that window, so you have to look at the "Target file: Differences from base" field. A nuisance.