[p4] p4 protect table management by non-super users?

Tetlow, Gordon gtetlow at soe.sony.com
Mon Jul 10 09:41:38 PDT 2006

We use a metadata loader that loads the protect table and groups from a
tree in Perforce. That way, we can just give permission to individual
groups.

Of course, it doesn't mean that users can't just change the group name
on the form. There is some risk, but seeing how I can walk up and club
the user with a 2x4, it's not too much of an issue.

-gordon