[p4] P4Win vs P4V

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Sun Jul 9 15:16:44 PDT 2006

William Ivey writes:
> Personally, I'll always choose a native Windows app over a cross
> platform app with comparable features because I've only found a few
> x-plat-apps that were as crisp usable on Windows. Most of them feel
> sluggish and have longish startup times.

Most of them are just plain broken, IMNSHO. Just thinking of all the
amateurish garbage that passes for cross-platform programming is enough
to make me weep.

> That said, on Unix p4v is probably very nice.

Is there anything in particular which makes you think that the X port of
Qt is faster/nicer/better than the Windows port?

Arnt
(ex Qt developer)