[p4] Perforce triggers

Knight, Steve Steve.Knight at kbcfp.com
Wed Jul 12 06:25:55 PDT 2006

Hello,

Much to the annoyance of some of the developers at our organisation I've
added certain code format checks into a Perforce change-content trigger.
This seems to work very well.

However, one of the side affects is that should the submission fail it
will leave the file locked and read only on the client.     So the file
then has to be at the very least chmod'd and possibly unlocked too.
Even the people who support the spirit of what I'm trying to do aren't
too keen on this second aspect.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?   (I couldn't find
anything relevant in the Tech Notes ...)

Thanks

Steve

-----
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient.  If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of KBC Financial Products or any affiliate thereof.

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of any such entity.  It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product.  Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, the prices at which any KBC entity would enter into a transaction or the prices at which similar transactions may be carried on that entity's own books.   The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind.  Past performance is not indicative of future returns.