[p4] p4 protect table management by non-super users?

Adrian Kalaveshi veshi at veshi.com
Wed Jul 12 16:07:48 PDT 2006

[Mon, July 10, 2006 6:15 am] Sheizaf, Yariv said:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to let people who are not super users to mange "p4
> protect" table to their groups (for example, define a "depot super user"
> that has permissions
> To modify content of "p4 protect" table - only to the given depot)?
>
> If somebody wrote such tool or have a procedure please let me know.

In a similar vein to solutions already posted to the list, I've written a
simple CGI script that adds/removes users to a Perforce group.  With this
solution, you can force your users to authenticate to your web page and
give them a subset of the available groups to manipulate.  An early
revision of this tool exists on the public depot here:

//guest/adrian_kalaveshi/groups/

When a "protected" branch is added to Perforce, I modify the protections
table once and let managers manipulate the associated group(s) as they see
fit.