[p4] Diff of two files in two workspaces.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Jul 13 08:41:44 PDT 2006

I have two workspaces. One is sync'd from the main branch of the depot,
the other is sync'd from a branch that was created from a somewhat complex
branchspec. The workspace are identical in that they both contain the same
filenames in the same directory structure.

I'm coming from a ClearCase background so please be gentle. I'm looking
for a P4 operation that will say to me: Take these two files and tell me
if they are both from the same version in the depot.

For example, I could run a standard diff or cmp operation on two files,
but all that would tell me is if they are equal in content. What I'd like
is for some way to see that they both came from the same rev. If I look in
p4v at the revision graph of the two files I can visually see the
information I'm looking for.

Is there a way to do this?

steveo at syslang.net