[p4] p4 submit w/o an editor

Zoltan Grose zgrose at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 13:49:15 PDT 2006

Not object oriented in the classic sense but it worked well for the
things it knew how to do.

I was just digging up my old code for an all-Java based Job reviewer
based on the Changelist reviewer and it seemed my biggest issue at
the time was that Counter was marked final and couldn't be extended
to do check for Jobs pending notification.

It's also starting to show its age, for instance, using Vectors over
Lists (or now perhaps even Generics).

Off hand I don't remember any other issues but it was 2004 when I was
last working on that code.

-z

On Jul 13, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Stephen Vance wrote:

> What's your opinion of p4package?
>
> Steve
>
> Zoltan Grose wrote:
>> Forget the command line. A scriptable, object-oriented API is the
>> way forward. :) In particular a first-class Java APi would rock my
>> socks. -z On Jul 13, 2006, at 6:10 AM, Weintraub, David wrote:

..snip..