[p4] newbie questions

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Thu Jul 13 16:42:01 PDT 2006

You're on the right track. The 'p4 client sandbox' command *defines* the
client, meaning where you want it (Root) and how that location maps to
the server (View). You don't need to create or be in the directory that
is your root. Perforce will do that for you. Your next step is 'p4 sync'
which will give you read-only copies of your source. Then you'll do 'p4
edit', 'p4 add', 'p4 delete', and so forth.

I'd recommend going through the Perforce User's Guide. It gives you some
step-by-step scenarios to get familiar with Perforce.

Steve