[p4] newbie questions

Ron Gafron rong at gsb.com
Fri Jul 14 07:30:17 PDT 2006

Good morning, Mike,

I'm sort of a newbie myself, having worked with P4 for a few months, and not
having the benefit of having really worked with any other SCM system.  I've
been very happy with P4 (well, coming off a few months with VSS, how could I
*not* be :-)?).  I'm probably not knowledgeable enough yet to give you much
help in the way of usage tips, but I can agree with those who pointed you
towards the P4 doc. It's very helpful.  I'd like to see a few more examples,
to help out newbies like me, but overall, it's very good. And best of all,
they have *very* good tech support.  They've been holding my hand for a few
months now, and that, more than anything else, pointed me towards
recommending that we use Perforce.

Best of luck. I'm currently working through the nuances of using P4 with
VS2005 in a web project environment (and converting all this from a VS2003
environment).  It's not officially supported (yet, I hope), but the tech
folks have been very good about helping me out wherever they can.

Ron