[p4] p4 submit w/o an editor

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:36:28 PDT 2006

Sam Roberts wrote:

> > I want an source code control system (and an editor), I don't want to
> > write one.
>
> Amen.

Bullcrap.

Observe what our trivial integrate() function did. It synchronized all
the source, then re-tested the current folder, and only then submitted
the change.

All projects need a standard set of steps to integrate, to outegrate,
and to test. Programmers should not type the same 70 keystrokes for
each step, and Perforce should not guess what their exact
Standard-Operating-Procedure is. Perforce should be a kit. It could
use an -m comment like CVS, but in general it should not simplify
things so much that scripting becomes impossible.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!