[p4] no 'p4 branches' after conversion using cvs2p4?

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Thu Jul 20 05:06:52 PDT 2006

Hi p4/cvs2p4 users,

I tried converting a cvs repository with a lot of branches and labels to
p4 using cvs2p4.  The conversion went through fine and the change
history looks good.  I am also able to view the labels in the created
repository using 'p4 labels' but 'p4 branches' doesn't show up any
branches.  This is inspite of the p4 filelog showing the appropriate
"... branch from/into //depot" log messages.

Do I have to manually create the branches using 'p4 branch' and set the
branch view in the branch specification?  Or am I missing something?

Also, where can I find the post-cvs2p4-conversion label conversion tool
that has been refered to in this email thread:
<http://maillist.perforce.com/pipermail/perforce-user/2005-November/thread.html#16887>?

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/