[p4] no 'p4 branches' after conversion using cvs2p4?

Wedig, Sean WedigSean at bfusa.com
Thu Jul 20 05:35:26 PDT 2006

It sounds like you're looking for just a list of times that files have
been branched, correct?  If so, then yes, you're missing something.  ;)

The help on p4 branches is a little confusing to those new to Perforce
(which I speculate you are), or at least the entry in "p4 help branches"
is confusing in 2005.2.  The help manual on the website for 2006.1 makes
it more clear.  See
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.061/manuals/cmdref/branches.html.

p4 branches "Print[s] the list of all branch specifications currently
known to the system".

2005.2 p4 help branches just says "Reports the list of all branches
currently known to the system", which is a bit confusing to those (like
myself) who are used to calling most integrations "branches".  The new
2006.1 manual specifying branch specifications is much more clear.

As for finding what I think you're looking for... I'm new to Perforce,
so I'm not sure if you can see the integration history separate from the
rest of the revision history out-of-the-box.  I imagine it wouldn't take
much to extract that information from the p4 filelog command, though.

However, someone can correct me if I'm wrong...
-Sean Wedig