[p4] VS: Perforce vs Seapine Surround?

Seppo Iivonen seppo.iivonen at informa.fi
Thu Jul 20 22:32:41 PDT 2006

Hi Barry,

During June I was doing some research on SCM tools to find out which one suited our company's needs the best. I was eventually happiest with Perforce but I, for example, left all Unix-based and Apache-server dependent software out as they didn't fit us. Anyway, I found a good comparison chart of many SCM software from Relisoft's homesite (a company behind Code Co-op revision control tool):

http://www.relisoft.com/co_op/vcs_breakdown.html

While this chart might be weighted so that it makes Code Co-op look better, it is still a good basic summary for many different tools. There is also a price/feature figure available in:

http://www.relisoft.com/co_op/vcs_compare.html

Note that I have no idea when these comparisons have been made; for example MS Team Foundation/Team System isn't found on the list. However, Surround SCM seems to be in the list of compared tools.

Seppo Iivonen