[p4] Multiple Dependent Products in Perforce

Scott Goldstein Scott.Goldstein at bluejungle.com
Fri Jul 21 10:17:10 PDT 2006

We'll soon be moving to a model in which we have multiple products with
their own lifecycle which have dependencies.  For example, we'll have a
platform product and several application products which depend on build
artifacts from the platform, but each will have their own release
schedule.

We're thinking that we'll need some sort of repository for build
artifacts from the platform and some way of declaring which version of
the platform our applications will require and which build artifacts
from the platform they'll require.

Can anyone point me to examples or a best practices document for how one
my set up a source control and build environment for this situation?

Thanks.

Scott