[p4] Eclipse integration

Janine Sisk janine at furfly.net
Mon Jul 24 23:10:43 PDT 2006

Today I installed Eclipse 3.2 and the Perforce plugin on my Mac, and
have been playing around a bit.   I was following the steps in the
help file about setting up a new project, and one step I could not
get to work as advertised.

The help text starts with the steps to connect to your Perforce
server,  then has you switch to the Perforce perspective.  The next
step says "In the Navigator, right-click the project folder and
choose Team -> Open for Add.  The Add dialog is displayed..."

I have a couple of problems here.  First, the Perforce perspective
has no Navigator panel and I can't figure out how to add one to it.
I had to switch to a different perspective to do the Team add.

Second, no dialog comes up;  in fact nothing seems to happen at all
after you select the menu item.  If you switch back to the Perforce
view, you can see that your command actually did get executed and any
messages generated by Perforce are shown in the P4 Log Console.

This all seems a bit awkward;  the way it is documented to work seems
preferable.  Is the help text outdated or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

janine