[p4] Disaster Recovery

Niggemyer, Kendall bniggemyer at sabercorp.com
Tue Jul 25 06:34:37 PDT 2006

Here is a good white paper from Steven Lyoshir:

 http://www.perforce.com/perforce/conf2005/presentations/Lysohir.pdf

The plan they have in place is fairly comprehnsive.

We have a live server and a warm server which has checkpoints, journals,
and versioned files replicated with Replistor.

Your Perforce proxy will not have any metadata, and may or may not not
have all your versioned files.  So do not rely upon it as part of your
backup strategy.