[p4] VS: Perforce vs Seapine Surround?

Barry Au-Yeung barry_au_yeung at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 09:53:16 PDT 2006

Thanks for everyone who read and replied.

  Please keep the information coming.

  One thing tho. I do not only use Perforce and hence i am not bias about this... Just discussed with people in Relisoft, the Perforce section in the chart http://www.relisoft.com/co_op/vcs_breakdown.html may or may not be accurate. Relisoft has not tested Perforce for the chart.

  I pin point the column "Restore any change any time". I understand that that Perforce can do it by changelist and it is the "state" of the depot content, the transaction number if you will. This should achieve "timesafe" quality.

  Barry

"Ivey, William" <william_ivey at bmc.com> wrote:
> [...]

Cool chart.

I do think Perforce should have gotten a full mark for "Restore
any change any time" and maybe a partial for "Private branching"
(unless they mean the ability to keep intermediate revisions
locally; Perforce certainly doesn't prevent the creation of
private branches in the repository).

-Wm