[p4] Make a copied "branch" be a real branch

David Faison dfaison at photon.com
Wed Jul 26 15:11:03 PDT 2006

If you use the "-i" switch, you can do baseless integration between
these two locations. This approach makes for a very difficult merge
process (no way to determine when changes occurred solely in one place
or the other).

Then again, you might be able to pass the merge task on to the offending
user...

-OR-

Since you say you know when the deed was done, you COULD create the
branch as it should have been done in the first place -  as of the last
changelist submitted prior to when the 'personal' branch was created.

Someone would have to create a workspace based on this new branch, FLUSH
it to the depot ('flush' it because you don't want the depot files),
load it from offending user's "personal" branch, and then go through the
standard process of reconciling a workspace that has gone through
extensive edits offline.

I can't recall exactly where, but I've seen documentation on the
Perforce website that explicitly details this sort of reconciliation
process....

David Faison