[p4] starting p4d as a service via an init.d script

Ryan Dooley rd at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jul 26 20:50:23 PDT 2006

Hi Jay,

> Does anyone have an example script for starting p4d as a service on a
> linux box using init.d?

Although I don't run p4d under the typical init.d structure (I'm using
daemontools instead), it should be pretty trivial to come up with such a script.
  On some distributions you should be able to find /etc/init.d/skeleton which
provides for a template of an init script (on my debian, ubuntu, and suse boxes
it's there) otherwise just follow the example of one of the other scripts in
/etc/init.d.

Cheers,
Ryan