[p4] starting p4d as a service via an init.d script

Sweeney, Tony sweeney at ea.com
Thu Jul 27 01:26:23 PDT 2006

Here you go.  Originally written by Tony Smith at Perforce, with a tweak
to allow it to work on Fedora core 4.  Also tested on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4.  We run the undoc -C1 case folding flag, so you'll want to take
that out.  The p4d file goes in /etc/init.d (which on Red Hat is
actually a link to /etc/rc.d/init.d), and the p4d.conf goes in /etc.
Delete the p4web lines if you don't want to run it.

Tony.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes -- Juvenal VI, 347-8