[p4] Demerging in Perforce in General

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 06:41:39 PDT 2006

I don't have the book and thus the precise reference to hand, but Practical
Perforce documents the otherwise undoc'ed p4 merge3 command.

If I recall correctly, p80 shows how to undo a conflict resolution merge (I
recently pointed someone else at this so think I am right). The same
techniques would work for branching changes.

However, regarding branching, you can't remove the branching history, even
if by various bits of integ/merge3 magic (and ignoring conflicts) you could
do the right thing. The best bet is probably a new branch with the history
you want. (Let's not even go think of obliterating of revisions...)

Robert