[p4] unsync the change list from the latest..??

Jeff Grills jgrills at junctionpoint.com
Thu Jul 27 09:04:36 PDT 2006

IMO, this is a Bad Thing to do.  You're doing a build with a set of files
that don't ever exist in the depot in the state in which you're building.
You don't have a guaranteed way to get back to the state of the build.

However, it sounds like what you want is my script (or what it does
internally) with the -revert option, but just don't ever submit your
changelist.  Here's what the script will do, or what you can do manually:

1) Sync the files in that changelist to the revision before the changelist.
2) For any files added by that changelist, delete them.
3) For any files deleted by that changelist, re-add them with the last
revision's contents.
4) For any files modified by that changelist, open them for edit, sync them
to the version in the changelist (which just schedules a resolve), and
resolve the changes with -ay (effectively ignoring the changes in the
depot).

Then you can (should?) sync those files to the revision you need (#head?)
and resolve any other changes.  This step is not handled by my script, but
would have to be done before submitting if there are any later revisions of
these files anyway.