[p4] 2006.1 upgrade went well

Ryan Dooley rd at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jul 28 11:04:58 PDT 2006

I thought I'd share my experience with everybody else.  I migrated from 2005.1
to 2006.1 last night and everything seems to have gone very well.  The process
was very smooth.

The only thing I noticed is, I should have restarted the p4 proxies (well, the
p4p process) along with the upgrade.  I noticed that that the load on the actual
p4d server was higher than normal (not tragically higher or anything).  As soon
as I restarted the p4p's everything went back to normal.

Cheers,
Ryan