[p4] 2006.1 problems with VisualStudio?

Jason Williams streak at narus.com
Fri Jul 28 14:09:32 PDT 2006

Weintraub, David wrote:
> Yup. This seems to be the problem. When I downgraded the 2006.1 installs
> back to 2005.2, they had no problems with the VisualStudio integration.
> I'm going to report this to Perforce.
>
> Otherwise, I haven't seen a problem with 2006.1 (except that it is
> stricter with bad view definitions).

The two issues I've reported with 2006.1:
1) %clienthost% trigger expansion on Linux only works when %clientip%
can be resolved to a host name.  When it can't resolve, the parameter
becomes null which prevents any later parameters from being passed
correctly.  The workaround is to put %clienthost% as the last parameter
to the trigger.  This was initially reported on 2005.2 as a regression
from 2005.1.
2) On Windows, P4Merge doesn't handle page up/down/home/end keys.  It
just flickers a lot.

--Jason

This email and attachments may contain Narus, Inc. confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender immediately and delete all instances of this email and attachments.