[p4] PyPerforce 0.3a1 released

Lewis Baker lewis at isite3d.com.au
Mon Jul 31 22:33:28 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that a new release of PyPerforce is now
available at http://pyperforce.sourceforge.net/.

PyPerforce is a Python interface for the Perforce API that lets you
connect to a Perforce server and execute Perforce commands directly from
Python code. Results are automatically parsed into Python objects such
as strings, lists, tuples and dictionaries, making it easy to process
command output.

The 0.3a1 release introduces native support for Python's unicode string
type. Commands now able to accept unicode strings as arguments and input
and results from Unicode Perforce servers are now returned in unicode
strings. A big thanks to Perforce support for their guidance on this.

Some new classes, Change and Counter, have been added to make it easier
to manipulate Perforce changelists and counters respectively.

For example:
#!python
from perforce import *
p4 = Connection(port='perforce:1666')
p4.connect()

# Open the default changelist on the current client
change = Change(p4)

# Update some details and submit
change['Description'] = """Fixed a bug in the foo module."""
change['Files'] = ["//depot/foo/foo.c"]
change.submit()
change.refresh()
print "Submitted foo.c in change %s" % change['Change']
### End of script ###

For a detailed list of changes, see the change notes available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=435920&group_id=162781

PyPerforce-0.3a1 is available for download from the project website at
http://pyperforce.sourceforge.net/ or from PyPI.

If you have setuptools installed, just run 'easy_install PyPerforce' to
download and install the package.

I hope that people find these new features useful and I look forward to
any feedback, comments, thoughts or suggestions.

Cheers,
Lewis.

- --
Lewis Baker                                               I-SiTE
Software Engineer                               3D Laser Imaging
Email  : lewis at isite3d.com.au         http://www.isite3d.com.au/