[p4] Job Oppty: SCM/Perforce Admin -Electronic Arts
CBigelow at ea.com
Tue Nov 14 14:20:53 PST 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Please Apply Online at
Come join a talented, creative new team at Electronic Arts Los
Angeles-the studio that develops the critically-acclaimed Medal of
Honor, Command & Conquer, and The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for
Middle-earth franchises! To help reach our goals, we are looking for a
talented, motivated PERFORCE ADMINISTRATOR.
* Architect of the EA Los Angeles Perforce server production environment
* Database application administration for all Perforce servers at the
* Provide first line of troubleshooting for any problems or performance
issues on all Perforce servers.
* Create & test scripts needed for effective & efficient use of Perforce
at the EALA studio and 3rd Party Developers.
* Manage user accounts, groups, licenses and security on all Perforce
* Educate teams on depot structure, branching, group policies, security
and scripting to extend Perforce functionality
* Manage all Perforce proxies, both internally and at 3rd party
developers for EALA
* Design and implement utilities to set up and monitor the various
development tools, CM and integration testing environments
* Manage coordination between CM, Development, IT and QA engineering
* Proactively follow new feature development to scope configuration and
installation requirements and keep the various environments in sync with
the studios changing needs.
* Address Perforce Education and Training needs by identifying the kind
of training, tools, and user documentation required.
* Prepare maintenance, backup/archival and DR plans
* Capacity planning
* Develop and maintain ongoing Perforce metrics.
* Interact with on-site and off-site Perforce experts to effectively
plan, share and advance Perforce development across EA World wide
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent 5 + years computer
5 + years of developing in a Linux or Windows environment using multiple
scripting languages, including Perl and Python
Strong familiarity with Perforce revision control system and source
Excellent software troubleshooting abilities.
Must work well in a changing environment with high expectations for
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
effectively present information to senior management and team members.
Ability to solicit and apply process improvement suggestions, where
Experience with both Linux & Windows servers.
Independent worker as well as team player.
The following link will take you directly to the open PERFORCE
ADMINISTRATOR position with EALA.
The easiest way is to click the APPLY button located at the bottom of
the job description. You can upload your Word.doc resume directly. If
you have the time, you can set up a career agent, search additional
opportunities, even create your own candidate profile. EOE M/F/D/V.
EA Los Angeles (EALA)
EALA is the creative destination for game development in Southern
California. The studio drives innovation in technology, art, and game
design by employing a first-class studio of game makers from game and
film industry talent at its campus in Playa Vista, CA. EALA is also home
to EA's Worldwide Music group and EA Mobile.
Interested yet? Good! We offer one of the most generous benefits
packages around including 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, a company matched
401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, an onsite arcade,
fitness center, cafeteria, sports field, sand volleyball pit, basketball
court, valet parking, and more! We are within close proximity to the
ocean as well as to Hollywood and the epicenter of the entertainment
industry. Our high-spirited, creative, and entrepreneurial environment
offers substantial growth and opportunity to those who desire a
fast-paced, technological driven environment.
| Electronic Arts, LA | 310.754.7000 | http://jobs.ea.com/eala
More information about the perforce-user