[p4] Is Sync -f trouble?

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 07:01:02 PST 2006

What version of p4d are you running?

Many sites have had sync problems with automated build systems, and there
are some enhancements to address this, including p4 sync @changelist,#head

See performance papers:

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/conferences/us/2005/presentations/Performan
ceUpdate2005Paper.pdf

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/conferences/eu/2006/presentations/michael_s
hields.pdf

You mention you are tagging before doing a built - why can't you just use
change numbers?

See other conference papers for ways and means to improve things. For
example:

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/conferences/eu/2006/presentations/Google.pd

You might find it worth getting a Perforce Consulting Partner to come along
and help out (would offer myself but suspect you could find someone
closer!).

Regards
Robert