[p4] Next Question - Hardware setup

Venters, Cheryl Cheryl_Venters at intuit.com
Wed Nov 1 11:05:17 PST 2006

Let me throw out my next question. We are currently running p4 on
Solaris 9. Db files and the journal used to sit on our SAN but have
moved them to the local disk. Performance did improve when we made that
move. We are looking at improving our hardware to support MUCH better
performance and are looking for recommendations from other Solaris
users. I'm also getting input from Perforce tech support but would love
to hear from people actually running Solaris. Currently have 565 users,
over 750 checkins a day, 100MB on versioned files.

Thanks.

Cheryl