[p4] Patching files checked out from Perforce with no questionsasked

Geir A. Myrestrand geir.myrestrand at falconstor.com
Wed Nov 1 15:00:42 PST 2006

Yes, I run into this on SLES10 which is indeed very new (not RHELAS4U2
as I reported earlier --sorry, but I have 6 operating systems on this
box, and I thought it was booted into RHELAS4U2 for some reason).

# which patch
/usr/bin/patch

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/patch
patch-2.5.9-160.2

Anyway, I want to use the "-g 0" or "--get=0" option all the time, so I
export PATCH_GET as 0 (zero) in my ~/.bashrc and that takes care of the
issue for me.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to answer my question!

--

Geir A. Myrestrand