[p4] Off-site Perforce performance/optimization

Jeff Grills jgrills at drivensnow.org
Thu Nov 2 07:07:04 PST 2006

I have a mail into perforce support about the rsync updated proxy cache
idea.  I'd hope that you could rsync across the primary server's depot files
directly, but those files may be in flux at any point.  It might be
safest/best to have a script which updates a local proxy's cache and then
issues the rsync to push that data out to the offsite proxies, but I guess
you still have to worry when the proxy wants to read a file that's in the
process of being updated by rsync, so it may not be any better.