[p4] Protection file question

Jamison, Shawn sjamison at ciena.com
Fri Nov 3 08:36:32 PST 2006

This fits under the category of "Just because I can, doesn't mean I
should"

I have a group of errant developers in India that are accessing and
syncing large file sets directly from our Perforce server in Atlanta,
GA.

They have a local proxy but are too lazy to change their P4Port.

I was thinking of excluding their client host IP range in the
protections file and allow only the IP of their local proxy.

Other than showing up in person and clubbing them, is there a better way
to do this?

-Shawn J>