[p4] maven release plugin with perforce

Tom Parker tom.parker at uiactive.com
Mon Nov 6 12:59:21 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 17:11 +1300, Tom Parker wrote:

> I'm trying to get use the maven release plugin with perforce. I have
> managed to get it to the point where it fails due to a read only pom.xml
> file. The useEditMode option doesn't do anything.

> I also found that some or all of the commands in the maven
> scm-plugin-perforce-provider throw away the stderr stream. Perforce
> reports most errors on the stderr, which makes debuging difficult. I
> will be contributing a somewhat hackish patch to the maven project to
> fix this.

I have submitted my patches to the maven bug tracker. The first one is
directly perforce related.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-246
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-172
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-160

With these three issues fixed, I am able to use the maven release
plugin.