[p4] Perforce Administrator Job Oppty, Electronic Arts
CBigelow at ea.com
Mon Nov 6 14:15:47 PST 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Come join a talented, creative new team at Electronic Arts Los Angeles-the studio that develops the critically-acclaimed Medal of Honor, Command & Conquer, and The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth franchises! To help reach our goals, we are looking for a talented, motivated PERFORCE ADMINISTRATOR.
* Architect of the EA Los Angeles Perforce server production environment
* Database application administration for all Perforce servers at the EALA Studio
* Provide first line of troubleshooting for any problems or performance issues on all Perforce servers.
* Create & test scripts needed for effective & efficient use of Perforce at the EALA studio and 3rd Party Developers.
* Manage user accounts, groups, licenses and security on all Perforce servers.
* Educate teams on depot structure, branching, group policies, security and scripting to extend Perforce functionality
* Manage all Perforce proxies, both internally and at 3rd party developers for EALA
* Design and implement utilities to set up and monitor the various development tools, CM and integration testing environments
* Manage coordination between CM, Development, IT and QA engineering groups
* Proactively follow new feature development to scope configuration and installation requirements and keep the various environments in sync with the studios changing needs.
* Address Perforce Education and Training needs by identifying the kind of training, tools, and user documentation required.
* Prepare maintenance, backup/archival and DR plans
* Capacity planning
* Develop and maintain ongoing Perforce metrics.
* Interact with on-site and off-site Perforce experts to effectively plan, share and advance Perforce development across EA World wide studios.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent 5 + years computer experience
5 + years of developing in a Linux or Windows environment using multiple scripting languages, including Perl and Python
Strong familiarity with Perforce revision control system and source control concepts
Excellent software troubleshooting abilities.
Must work well in a changing environment with high expectations for execution.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to senior management and team members.
Ability to solicit and apply process improvement suggestions, where applicable.
Experience with both Linux & Windows servers.
Independent worker as well as team player.
The following link will take you directly to the open PERFORCE ADMINISTRATOR position with EALA.
The easiest way is to click the APPLY button located at the bottom of the job description. You can upload your Word.doc resume directly. If you have the time, you can set up a career agent, search additional opportunities, even create your own candidate profile. EOE M/F/D/V.
EA Los Angeles (EALA)
EALA is the creative destination for game development in Southern California. The studio drives innovation in technology, art, and game design by employing a first-class studio of game makers from game and film industry talent at its campus in Playa Vista, CA. EALA is also home to EA's Worldwide Music group and EA Mobile.
Interested yet? Good! We offer one of the most generous benefits packages around including 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, a company matched 401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, an onsite arcade, fitness center, cafeteria, sports field, sand volleyball pit, basketball court, valet parking, and more! We are within close proximity to the ocean as well as to Hollywood and the epicenter of the entertainment industry. Our high-spirited, creative, and entrepreneurial environment offers substantial growth and opportunity to those who desire a fast-paced, technological driven environment.
| Electronic Arts, LA | 310.754.7000 | http://jobs.ea.com/eala
More information about the perforce-user