[p4] Question about getting email notification on submittals.

Weintraub, David david.weintraub at bofasecurities.com
Tue Nov 7 09:59:37 PST 2006

You're using a review daemon right?

If you're using a review daemon, then look at the script you're using. I
believe the standard Python one contains a parameter that prevents you
from receiving self-submits. Change that parameter, and you should start
receiving self-submitted reviews.

I had a very similar issue when I wrote my own review daemon.
Originally, I sent out email even if you were the person doing the
submitting. Developers complained that they didn't need such
notification, and already receive more email than they wanted to handle.
I changed it not to send an email to the submitter and other developers
complained they wanted those notifications.

Now, I'm stuck attempting to figure out a way that developers can let me
know if they want to be emailed on reviews if they were the submitter.