[p4] Question about getting email notification on submittals.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Nov 7 18:21:55 PST 2006

On Tuesday, Nov 7th 2006 at 12:59 -0500, quoth Weintraub, David:

=>You're using a review daemon right?
=>
=>If you're using a review daemon, then look at the script you're using. I
=>believe the standard Python one contains a parameter that prevents you
=>from receiving self-submits. Change that parameter, and you should start
=>receiving self-submitted reviews.
=>
=>I had a very similar issue when I wrote my own review daemon.
=>Originally, I sent out email even if you were the person doing the
=>submitting. Developers complained that they didn't need such
=>notification, and already receive more email than they wanted to handle.
=>I changed it not to send an email to the submitter and other developers
=>complained they wanted those notifications.
=>
=>Now, I'm stuck attempting to figure out a way that developers can let me
=>know if they want to be emailed on reviews if they were the submitter.

Thank you :-)

=>